- Park City / Deer Valley has become an extraordinarily segmented market. At the lower prices -- ~$300,000 for condos, ~$600,000 for homes, activity is vigorous and rapid. Prices have stabilized and... Read More
- The biggest change in Park City Real Estate over the last year has been a significant reduction in listed properties. Overall listings are down 16% from last year, and 47% below ... Read More
|Country Ranchette Close to Everything1589 Little Kate Rd|
MLS 9994554 More Info
|Large Silver Lake HomeAspen Hollow - 8165 Royal St East|
MLS 9994913 More Info
|Townhome Close to School1375 Quail Meadows # 22|
MLS 9991772 More Info
|Great Home featuring Panoramic Wasatch Views2574 Silver Cloud Court|
MLS 9988929 More Info
|Colony Residence - Incredible Design97 White Pine Canyon Road|
MLS 9989825 More Info
|Golf Course Townhome2806 Four Lakes Drive|
MLS 9993605 More Info
|Snow Park CondoStonebridge 6-C|
MLS 9994797 More Info
|Old Town Double-Home234 Ridge Ave|
MLS 9991381 More Info
|Colony Residence - Incredible Design177 White Pine Canyon Road|
MLS 9983688 More Info
|Snow Park at Deer ValleyFawngrove Unit 1462|
MLS 9994241 More Info
Buyer and Seller Tips
Choose your Real Estate Agent Thoughtfully
Referrals / Familiarization
The best place to start is by asking friends for referrals.
If you're new to Park City / Deer Valley, do an informal driving tour. If the same name pops up on lots of signs in areas which appeal to you, you've probably found someone who specializes in that particular area.
Review Real Estate Advertising
What you want to evaluate are agent characteristics of importance to you, such as proven leadership and success, mix of properties promoted, expertise, clearly apparent experience and commitment to the profession.
Congeniality / Language Skills
In any transaction, your agent will be representing you, and presenting your offers to other parties. Is the agent likely to be easy to work with for others? – Yes, it does make a difference in the outcome! Is the agent likely to be a good communicator of your intentions and negotiating points? Is the agent realistic and candid? – You can waste a lot of time on transactions in which there are unrealistic expectations or valuations.
- You control four items: (a) Marketing ( we collaborate on our plan); (b) Condition (How to avoid unpleasant surprises: get a home inspection and repair important problems ahead of time); (c) Price (I will work on this with you, but it’s your decision how to price your property); (d) Access ( I recommend electronic keyboxes. The easier your property is to show, the more it will be shown.)
- Q/A : What's the best way to handle a low-ball offer? / Don't feel insulted. Treat it as an honest difference of opinion.
- Q/A : What's the best way to handle showings? / Be sure to leave the premises looking (and smelling) clean and fresh. If at all possible, take your pets with you.
- Q/A : My home inspection report lists a huge number of problems. / Recognize that the buyer is also feeling stress about this. In some situations, the impact of the inspection report essentially leads to a second sales negotiation.
- Work openly and candidly with your agent. Concealed or disguised emotions and feelings impede progress and effectiveness as you inspect properties, and are even more crucial when you go into transaction negotiations.
- If it isn’t working, say so! An experienced, genuinely professional Realtor can adapt, and is a good listener. And if it still doesn’t get better, the discomfort is likely to be mutual between you and your agent. You both may want to end the relationship if it isn’t going well.
- Understand “agency.” In the past, it was always the case that the agent was an agent of the seller. There is now a very complex but crucial legal form you will need to execute with your agent, which sets forth in great detail the agency relationship between you and your “buyer’s” agent. This legal and working understanding is essentiall to your transaction: it clarifies and enables your Realtor to work effectively on your behalf.
PARK CITY REAL ESTATE MARKET => Questions & Answers
PARK CITY REAL ESTATE MARKET => Receive Market Updates
You can receive the latest information on property coming on the market.
You can receive the latest data on Park City Real Estate trends.
You can unsubscribe from the mail list at any time if you want to opt out.
Click here to Receive Periodic Park City / Deer Valley Market Updates.