- Sales volume has leveled at normal levels; less activity in some significant market areas.
- Inventory has increased to normal levels from record lows...
- Vacant Land sales are now a leading segment.
- As ever, the Park City market is complex and fragmented. Careful analysis is required to evaluate opportunities in discrete niches.
- Click here to go to my Park City Real Estate Statistics page
" My wife and I have moved every 24 months for 20 years. We know how to buy and sell property, and one of our secrets is to work with the top producer in the area. I tracked Carol down while we were living in Zurich. I could tell from the first call that she listened well. She showed us properties that were exactly like what we had requested. Carol ensured that we included some key provisions in the purchase contract that other less fortunate owners forgot to include when they bought. I only recommend people who have earned my respect, trust, and who deliver outstanding service. "
" Of all the individuals who have supported our six real estate transactions over the past 17 years (including in Manhattan), Carol and her exceptional level of professionalism have vastly surpassed our expectations. In every one of the dozen-plus homes we visited, Carol was greeted by the sellers’ agent with friendliness and relief. More than once, the agent mentioned how easy and efficient Carol was to work with. In a field rife with competition and potentially charged situations, her network of satisfied counterparts is seemingly endless, underscoring a strongly positive reputation that borders on being a local institution in herself. Carol pairs the tireless resourcefulness of an expert saleswoman with the natural authenticity of someone who builds community. "
Ann and Jonathon Evans
Real Estate Transactions in Park City / Deer Valley - Knowledge
What You Should Know about Buying and Selling Property in Park City and Deer Valley.
- Price Range - The range of properties within the greater Park City / Deer Valley area is enormous. We have condos, townhomes, single family homes geared for moderate budgets and, quite literally, homes designed for the highest possible luxury. More than most comparable communities in the Mountain West, Park City enjoys a wide ranging and congenial collection of residents.
- Second Homes - Park City / Deer Valley is a full-year, active, healthy community. In comparison to many other mountain towns, the summer season here is strong in recreational, social, and cultural vibrancy. That means more days of usage for second home owners and year round enjoyment for year round residents.
- Closing Costs - Closing costs on real estate transactions are very low. There is no State transfer tax or fee so the largest settlement closing cost is generally financing charges.
- Taxes - Real Estate Property taxes in Utah are lower than most of the country, a bit less than 1% of valuation.
- Activity - The market for real estate in Park City is far more active and robust than the size of the town might suggest. Over the past five years we have averaged more than 1,700 transactions and more than $1.2 Billion in sales per year; At the market’s peak, Park City and Deer Valley had more than 4,000 transactions totaling more than $2 Billion in a single year.